CHARLOTTE – Sunday’s home game against Washington, sponsored by Lowe’s, marks the Panthers’ annual celebration and honoring of military members and their families as part of the NFL’s Salute to Service initiative, presented by USAA.
Before the game, there will be several tributes to members of all branches of the military.
- The invocation will be from Pinkie Fischer, the Division Chaplain of the 82nd Airborne Division.
- There will be a special joint color guard with members of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard from bases across North and South Carolina.
- The national anthem will be performed by the All-American Chorus out of Fort Bragg, N.C. They have served as the musical ambassadors of the 82nd Airborne Division for over 55 years.
- The Keep Pounding drummer is Major General Chris Donahue, who most recently served as the Commander, Special Operations Joint Task Force-Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.
- There will be a pregame flyover from the 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade.
- Halftime features the U.S. Army Parachute team.