NHCSO receives free lunches thanks to local fundraiser
By WECT Staff | February 9, 2021 at 4:46 AM EST – Updated February 11 at 11:07 PM
WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – Meals were delivered to the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office Thursday by Chicken Salad Chick as a way to show gratitude.
“We get an opportunity to say thank you to what we consider our heroes, the men and women who serve and protect us every day willingly, and we get a small way to say thank you through a meal,” said Chicken Salad Chick co-owner Shane Pinder.
Wilmington Christian Academy’s preschool and elementary school raised nearly $4,000 in a partnership with Chicken Salad Chick to provide 486 lunches to local law enforcement agencies as a ‘thank you’ for their services.
On Friday, they are delivering meals to the Kure Beach Police Department, Carolina Beach Police Department, UNCW Police Department, and Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office.
From Monday, February 8 through Friday, February, 12, the following local LEO agencies received free lunches.
- Leland Police Department: 20 meals
- Southport Police Department: 8 meals
- Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office: 72 meals (11:30-11:45 delivery)
- Pender County Sheriff Office: 50 meals
- New Hanover County School Resource Officers (NHCSO): 46 meals
- Wilmington Police Department: 70 meals (between 11-11:30 am delivery)
- Wrightsville Beach Police Department- 20 meals (11:30-12 pm delivery)
- New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office: 93 meals
- Kure Beach Police Department: 7 meals (11:15-11:30 delivery)
- Carolina Beach Police Department: 20 meals
- UNCW Police Department: 9 meals
- Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office – 71 meals”
Copyright 2021 WECT. All rights reserved.