By WECT Staff | April 16, 2021 at 11:03 AM EDT – Updated April 16 at 11:04 AM
CAROLINA BEACH, N.C. (WECT) – New Hanover County authorities confiscated methamphetamine and fentanyl from a Wilmington man following a drug trafficking investigation in Carolina Beach.
According to a news release, detectives with the Carolina Beach Police Department and the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop Thursday on a car occupied by 34-year-old Robert James Bickford, who then tried to flee from officers before being caught.
Bickford allegedly assaulted an officer during his escape attempt, the news release stated.
A search revealed that he had 191 grams of methamphetamine and 86 grams of acetyl fentanyl on him at the time of his arrest.
- Trafficking in meth by possession
- Trafficking in meth by transport
- Trafficking in opium or heroin by possession
- Trafficking in opium or heroin by transport
- Possession of drug paraphernalia (two counts)
- Assault on a law enforcement officer
- Resisting a public officer
Bickford was booked into the New Hanover County Jail under no bond. He’s expected to make his first court appearance on the charges Friday.
Copyright 2021 WECT. All rights reserved.