By Kim Ratcliff | April 6, 2021 at 5:00 AM EDT – Updated April 6 at 9:00 AM
WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – Getting you ready for warmer weather, short sleeves, and tank tops. This month the Get Fit With 6 challenge focuses on arm exercises.
– You can use weights, or a ball, anything lying around home that’s at least five pounds.
– In a standing position hold your weight or ball above and behind your head.
– At elbows bend behind your head, straight down then back up toward the ceiling and repeat.
– Another option using a table, bench, stairs or even the floor
– From a sitting position on a bench or stairs put your hands on the edge.
– Make sure your fingers are hanging off the edge and your fists are pressing against it.
– Your legs are in a table top position with your feet on the floor (for a more difficult workout stretch your legs out with heels on the floor).
– Bend your elbows back behind you and dip down and back up.
– You can use weights or a ball.
– From a standing position bring your feet a little more than shoulder width apart, slight bend in the knees.
– If holding a ball start at the center of your core, lift the ball to the bottom of your chin, bring it back to your core and repeat.
– If using dumb-bells in each hand, position your hands out wide beside your body.
– Raise the dumb bells up to your shoulders, bring back down and repeat.
– Start in a straight arm plank with arms and feet about the same distance apart.
– Bring your right knee toward the center of your arms then back out and alternate with your left knee.
– Once you get used to it you can pick up your feet and move faster.
– You should feel this in your lower abs, calves, quadraceps, and hamstrings.
The beginning of the month will start with low reps and increase a little bit everyday.
Copyright 2021 WECT. All rights reserved.