WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – It’s Cinco de Mayo! Which isn’t much of a real holiday but it’s the de facto day to visit your favorite Mexican restaurant and indulge in everything it has to offer.
However, if you are planning a gathering of your own or choose not to fight the hungry crowds, the fine folks at Tower 7 and K38 stopped by the WECT kitchen to share some of their prized margarita and guacamole recipes for you to make at home.
Margarita recipe from Tower 7 Baja Mexican Grill:
- One shot of your favorite tequila (such as Casamigos)
- 1/2 shot of a Citrange orange liqueur
- Add ice
- Add a sour mix to taste, such as lemon and/or lime juice.
- Mix the drink
- Salt the rim of the glass by coating the rim with lime and pouring a little salt on top, then pour the mixed drink into the glass
- Add a small amount of Grand Marnier for a float on the top of the drink and you’re done!
Guacamole recipe from K38 Baja Grill:
- Start with avocados, carefully cut right down the middle and peel. A good avocado should be soft to the touch and have some browning on the exterior.
- Squash the avocado and add it to a large bowl
- Add equal parts diced tomato and onion
- Add a healthy amount of cilantro
- Mix a small amount of lime juice with a little minced garlic and salt to taste. Then, pour it into the bowl.
- Mix it all together, and you’re done!
Copyright 2022 WECT. All rights reserved.