Christmas sugar cookies just got an upgrade.
She uploaded a sneak peek of her creation to TikTok in late November, and the 12-second clip has reached more than 2.4 million people on the video-sharing app. Thousands of users have requested the recipe, which Gordon shared to her blog – the Hungry Blonde, while others have reported that the dish is a must-try.
“I came up with the recipe for Sugar Cookie Bread when I was craving my favorite Christmas cookies, but didn’t feel like going through the whole process that sugar cookies require, so I transformed it into a dessert bread,” Gordon told Fox News Digital. “It tastes like sugar cookies meet pound cake, and my audiences across TikTok and Instagram seemed to agree.”
Gordon’s Sugar Cookie Bread recipe is gluten-free, however, she said traditional white flour can be used if that’s preferred. Here’s how you can make the viral holiday recipe at home.
Hungry Blonde’s Sugar Cookie Bread Recipe
Gracie Gordon from the food and wellness lifestyle blog Hungry Blonde shared her ‘Sugar Cookie Bread’ recipe with Fox News Digital. (Gracie Gordon/Hungry Blonde)
Materials You’ll Need:
- 2 to 3 mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing utensils
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
Gracie Gordon told Fox News Digital that her original ‘Sugar Cookie Bread’ recipe tastes like a sugar cookie and pound cake. (Gracie Gordon/Hungry Blonde)
Sugar Cookie Bread
- ½ cup or 1 stick of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of milk
- 1⅓ cup of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of red and green sprinkles
Gracie Gordon’s Sugar Cookie Bread is made with a delicious sugar glaze. (Gracie Gordon/Hungry Blonde)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- More sprinkles
Sugar Cookie Bread:
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl before adding the egg, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Pour in and mix the milk with the rest of your liquid ingredients. Keep mixing until it’s all fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients together.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients in a single bowl and mix it all together until the batter reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add in the red and green sprinkles and gently mix them in. Note: Gordon warns to not “over-mix,” so the sprinkles’ won’t “bleed.”
- Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper before you pour the batter in.
- Bake the Sugar Cookie Bread in an oven that’s set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Gordon recommends baking the dessert for 45 to 50 minutes. The bread is ready when you can poke a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
- Remove the bread and let it stand in the loaf pan for 20 minutes. Transfer the bread to a cooling rack while you prepare the glaze.
Gracie Gordon’s Sugar Cookie Bread is made with red and green sprinkles. (Gracie Gordon/Hungry Blonde)
- Pour the powdered sugar and milk into a bowl and whisk together until the glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the Sugar Cookie Bread and add more sprinkles, if desired.
Since going viral on TikTok, Gordon told Fox that she’s created five other cookie bread recipes, including a Candy Cane Sugar Cookie Bread, an Oatmeal Cookie Bread, a Monster Cookie Bread, a Thin Mint Sugar Cookie Bread, and a Cinnamon Crunch Sugar Cookie Bread.
Each recipe is gluten-free and can be found on Gordon’s TikTok account – @Hungry.Blonde.
This original recipe is owned by Hungry Blonde and was shared with Fox News.