This Instant Pot chicken tacos recipe can be ready in 30 minutes and boasts desirable flavor.
Try the recipe in celebration of National Taco Day.
Imagine getting a tailgating meal ready to serve in 30 minutes. Sounds pretty nice, huh? Thankfully, this Instant Pot chicken tacos recipe does just that. (Chelsea Plummer)
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Tacos by Chelsea Plummer of MaesMenu.com
Yield: 8-10 chicken tacos
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ large white or yellow onion, cut into ½-inch thick rings
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 -10 corn tortillas, toasted
- Your favorite taco toppings: lettuce, cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt, cilantro, tomatoes, black olives, etc.
Chelsea Plummer’s Instant Pot chicken taco recipe includes salsa, yellow onions, tomato paste and delectable seasonings. (Chelsea Plummer)
- Stir the olive oil, salsa, taco seasoning, onion, tomato paste, water, and salt together until combined in the pot of a pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- Stir the cabbage into the salsa mixture until combined.
- Add the chicken to the salsa mixture and turn until covered.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid on and cook on high for 12 minutes. Quick-release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken and salsa mixture from the pressure cooker and place it in a large mixing bowl. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the salsa taco sauce with the lime juice. Gently toss until covered.
- Divide taco meat evenly between the tortillas and top with favorite toppings. Serve hot.