Jon Gosselin and longtime girlfriend Colleen Conrad are over.
The former “Jon & Kate Plus 8” star confirmed the breakup in an interview with the Sun, telling the outlet that he’s “incredibly sad” their relationship ended after becoming “fraught” earlier this year.
“It’s hard; it was a big decision. We have been together for seven years, which is a long time, so it’s very upsetting,” he explained, insisting it had nothing to do with her breast cancer diagnosis.
The couple officially broke up in February 2021 after trying therapy. Gosselin says Conrad was diagnosed in April.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA – JUNE 01: Jon Gosselin attends Brooke & Mark’s Marriage Soiree “The Magic Of Hollywood” at the Houdini Estate on June 01, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. (Greg Doherty/Getty Images for Brooke Lewis and Mark Bellas)
“It’s really hard to even talk about it,” Gosselin said. “When you’re with someone that long, especially in the public eye and she’s someone private.”
“I still love and care for Colleen but we’ve both determined that it’s the natural end,” he added.
Gosselin, 44, revealed they had “some struggles” amid the pandemic and “tried to push through them” to no avail. Their relationship hit rocky straits when Gosselin tested positive for COVID-19, during which he said Conrad was “super supportive.”
The reality star-turned-DJ said Conrad’s cancer diagnosis came as a “huge shock” and said he’s standing by her side.
“It was heartbreaking and scary. I love Colleen, so I decided to stand by her and do the best I can. I cared for her regardless of the state of our relationship,” he shared. “I wanted to see it through and support her through her treatment and work through it all.”
Gosselin says he’s using his health insurance from his IT job at Amazon to help cover her costs.
“I have very good medical insurance. It covers the whole family, so I knew that would be the best option for her,” he said.
It’s unclear whether the estranged couple are in a domestic partnership that would allow Gosselin to keep Conrad under his coverage. Page Six has reached out to his rep for clarification.
Conrad revealed in an emotional Instagram post shared earlier this week that she’s been battling breast cancer and underwent a single mastectomy.